- Pabda Fish – 4, washed and cleaned
- Cashew nut paste – 1 tbsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- green chilli – 5-6
- Kalonji Seeds / Kalo jire – 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt, Turmeric powder
- Mustard oil – As required
Smear the fish with Turmeric powder and salt and keep aside for 15 minutes.
Fry the fish lightly in batches.
Add the kalonji seeds and green chilli to the same oil. Mix the turmeric, salt, cumin, coriander powder and kashmiri chilli powder in little water and add it to the pan.
When water evaporates and oil comes out, add the cashew nut paste and fry well.
Add the milk and mix well.
When the milk starts boiling, add the fried fish. Let it boil for 5 minutes on medium heat.
Once fishes are cooked, remove from heat. Keep covered for 10 minutes.
Sprinkle coriander leaves(optional) and serve with plain rice.