**Warning – Not for the dieters.
- Katla Fish – 6 Pieces
- Onion – 1, big – chopped
- Onion -2, medium, make a paste
- Mustard Paste – 1 heaped tbsp
- Green chilli paste – 5 chillies
- Methi / fenugreek seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard oil – as required, ( be generous, it is Tel Katla )
- Salt, Turmeric
- Sugar – a small pinch, you may omit this
Mix the onion paste, green chilli paste, mustard paste, salt, sugar, turmeric powder and 2 tbsp mustard oil with the fried fish.
Marinate the fish for 30 minutes. Keep covered.
Add 2 tbsp of mustard oil in a flat pan. When heated, add the methi / fenugreek seeds and stir till they are blackened. Remove and discard the seeds from the pan and heat the flavored oil again.
Add the chopped onion to the pan and fry a little.
Carefully place the marinated fish into the pan over the fried onions, preferably in a single layer. Lower the heat and keep covered for 5 minutes.
Add little water to the remaining marinade and pour it onto the fish. Carefully turn the fish pieces once, then cover the pan again, and cook over low heat till the fish is cooked through and oil comes out.
Adjust the seasoning and enjoy with plain rice.