- Kankrol / Teasle grourd – 6
- Coconut Milk – 2 tbsp
- Poppy Seed Paste – 1 tbsp
- Mustard Paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chilli – as per taste
- Mustard Oil – as required
- Fresh Coriander leaves for Garnishing
- Salt, Sugar – a pinch
Slit the Kakrols to half, then boil / steam them with a pinch of salt. Scoop out the seeds and throw them away.
Mash them using your hand. Add mustard oil in a pan, when it is hot, add the Kankrol mash with a pinch of salt. Saute a little.
Then Add the coconut milk, . Mix this with mashed kankrol.
Stir continuously with a wooden spoon till it is dry. Sprinkle a pinch of sugar (optional).