- Vegetable Curry Powder – 3 tbsp.
- Juice of Mosambi – 2
- Garlic Cloves – 2 tbsp., chopped
- Whole Chicken, cleaned – 1
- Carrot – 6, cut into chunks
- Raw Papaya – 1/2, cut into chunks
- Onions – 4, quartered
- Salt and black pepper – as required
- Butter – 2 tbsp.
- Olive Oil – to sprinkle
- Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp
Combine the curry paste, Mosambi Juice and garlic in a bowl.
Put the whole chicken in the marinade and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 220 degree C. Heat a pan with 1 tbsp. of butter. Then add 1/2 tsp sugar into it and let it caramelize. Add the marinated chicken into it and brown it all over on high heat.
Put the vegetables into a large roasting pan.
Add the browned chicken on top of the vegetable. Pour the marinade over and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle some chille flakes. Mix everything together so that the chicken is covered with the marinade.
Cook in the oven for 1 hour turning from time to time.
Baste with butter in between and continue cooking until the chicken is cooked through and the outer layer is golden.