- Pumpkin – 250 gms, cut into cubes
- Patol / Pointed Gourd – 250 gms, halved
- Poppy seed paste – 2 tbsp
- Sesame Seed paste – 3 tbsp
- Green chilli – 3 – 4
- Salt, Sugar, Turmeric – as required
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Bayleaf – 3
- Oil – 2 tbsp
Add oil and ghee in a pan. Then add the bayleaf and green chilli. Shallow fry the pumpkin and Patol with salt and turmeric for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle some water and cook covered for 10 minutes on low flame.
When pumpkin and Patol are almost cooked, add the poppy seed and sesame seed paste and mix well. Add your sugar at this point. Adjust the seasoning.
Cook for 2 – 3 minutes over high heat till the water evaporates and the vegetables are evenly coated with masalas.
Serve with plain rice or roti.