Today I was browsing the net and got this wonderful recipe. Although the original recipe has asked for crab meat, I have replaced the crab meat with chicken and modified the recipe a bit to my Bengali pallet. The end product is a hit and even my neighbour has appreciated it. So, I thought,’ let me share it with you’.
- Pumpkin – 250 gms ( cooked and pureed with skin off)
- Pumpkin – 100 gms ( thinly sliced)
- Chicken stock – 1 cup
- Chicken 100 gms( boiled and shredded)
- Chicken powder-1 cube ( I tried Maggi chicken cube)
- Corn Flour – 1/2 tsp (to glaze)
- Salt and Turmeric ( a pinch each)
- Spring onion- Julienned, to garnish
Cook 3/4th portion of your pumpkin in a microwave and puree it in a blender with little salt.
Add olive oil in a pan and heat it through.
Now add remaining pumpkin pieces and fry it a little.
Add chicken stock and pureed pumpkin and mix well. You may add a little turmeric here to get a rich color.
Add shredded chicken and cook it covered for a while till the pumpkin pieces are done.
Add 1 crushed chicken cube and the corn flour dissolved in a little water and mix it well. Finally, garnish the soup with the spring onion juliennes and serve.